Interesting Info – I did not realize this:
- 150 million – the estimated number of hot dogs that will be consumed this July 4th. That’s roughly one hot dog for every two people.
- 1801 – The first 4th of July party is held at the White House.
- 1941 – The 4th of July was declared a national holiday.
- 56 – The number of people to sign the Declaration of Independence. John Hancock was the only person to actually sign on July 4, 1776. The other 55 signers did not sign it until later.
- 26 – The age of the youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence, Edward Rutledge. The oldest signer was Benjamin Franklin at 70 years old. Most of the signers were in their 30s and 40s.
- 2 – The number of people who voted to make the bald eagle the national animal. Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal but was outvoted when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson chose the bald eagle.
A Turkey – give me a break Ben – what the heck were you thinking?