Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that my offices are every coffee shop and a few local pubs in the Triad area of NC. Here is a map of many of them.
Here are 10 reasons I like to use local coffee shops as my office:
- Good coffee – Always freshly brewed
- Ice cold “soda” – one or two a week is not a bad thing
- Friendly and good people serving me
- Free refills – With the Starbucks Gold Card, I get free refills while I am in the office
- Good food in the pubs – a man has to eat, right?
- Free WIFI – Maybe it’s not perfect, but generally it works and it’s free.
- I am visible – often I get to say hello to customers, prospects and new connections who come to see me.
- When I get a chance to say hello, often I am asked what I’m up to. I get to spin this too, “How can I help you?”
- They are a more enjoyable place to have business meetings. It’s way more friendly
- My laptop has an ad on it – It gets seen by dozens of people every day
- Fresh pastries every morning
- I’ve done the math – $2 per day for a cup of coffee = max of $60 per month. No less expensive rent anywhere.
I know these offices may not be the best for everyone, but they sure do work well for me.
Follow me on FourSquare if you want to know when I’m in the office
Thanks, @FinnegansWake, @NattyGreene, @Starbucks, @TheGreenBean & @Krankies.